As part of its regulatory engagement activities, The Nigerian Stock Exchange, holds an Issuers’ Engagement Forum (the Forum) on an annual basis, for Company Secretaries as well as Finance and Compliance Officers of listed companies.
The Forum avails Issuers the opportunity to discuss with The Exchange and provide feedback on the challenges they may have encountered in meeting their post-listing obligations to The Exchange, while The Exchange also provides feedback/updates on regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with its rules and other regulatory requirements.
This year’s edition which held on Tuesday, 3 December 2019 involved the introduction of a panel session to engender robust discussions and to enrich the conversation around the theme of the event titled: “Full Disclosure in a Competitive Business Landscape”.
The list of panelists were:
1. Mr. Dave Uduanu, CFA, CEO, Sigma Pensions Limited – representing Institutional Investors
2. Mrs. Hilda Nkor, CEO, Society for Corporate Governance Nigeria (SCGN), Representing the Corporate Governance community
3. Mr. Bode Ayeku, LL.M, (Lagos) BL, FCIS, FNIM, ACTI, Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, Nestle Nigeria Plc – representing listed Issuers
4. Mr. Nornah Awoh, Chief Equity Analyst/CEO, Valesa Capital Markets Associates Limited – representing the Retail Investors
5. Godstime Iwenekhai, Head, Listings Regulations Department, The Nigerian Stock Exchange – representing the Regulators
While Mr. Olugbenga Bello was the moderator.
Representatives of KPMG Professional Services also took a session on Listed Company’s Approach to Disclosure, Challenges and Prospects in the Face of Increasing Regulatory Requirements and drilled the participants on “Assessing your Financial Reporting Readiness”
The event also involved the exposition of the upgraded X-Issuer, the official Channel through which Issuers file information to The Exchange. A walkthrough session of the upgraded Portal was also undertaken.
Photo Caption: From Left–Mr. Dave Uduanu, Chief Executive Officer, Sigma Pension Limited; Mrs. Hilda Nkor, Chief Executive Officer, Society for Corporate Governance, Nigeria; Mr. Bode Ayeku, Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, Nestlė Nigeria Plc; Ms. Tinuade Awe, Executive Director, Regulation, The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE); Mr. Nornah Awoh, Chief Equity Analyst/CEO, Valesa Capital Markets Associates Limited; Mr. Godstime Iwenekhai, Head of Department, Listings Regulation, NSE and Olugbenga Bello, Partner, Folashade Alli and Associates during Issuers Engagement Forum at the Exchange in Lagos on Tuesday.